The living room is undoubtedly the centerpiece of your home. It is the area that you and your family are most likely to hang out at and where you would invite guests over. That is why a good looking contemporary design can make a huge difference to how you feel in that room of your home.
You will do well to design the living room in such a way that will make you happy and pleased. After all, room design is far more important than things like home cleaning and having the right features. That is why you can have a look at certain ideas, which will hopefully inspire you to implement them and revel in their practicality and stunning creativity. Enjoy!
- Mix black and grey - everyone knows that having the right colours in the living room is very important. You can set the tone and introduce a classy hint with black and grey colours. The combination works astonishingly well with modern décor and provides a contemporary feel with multiple benefits. For example, these colours are not that demanding in terms of cleaning service, but they do make furniture stand out.
- Go for a few unexpected features - imagine walking in a contemporary living room that has all things you’d expect to find there … and suddenly glancing at cute anime drawings on the wall. As long as an idea like this is executed properly, and by that we mean quality drawings of appropriate colour and theme, then you will have yourself a wonderful element to draw attention to. Complement that with a pendant light for perfection!
- Invite an open concept - if you’d like a challenging project with a huge impact, you can implement a see-through fireplace, which the living room would share with the adjacent room next to it. Not only does it provide a sense of openness, but also contributes to a flowing floor plan. It is a bold project, but one that you will definitely love. Don’t forget to select an adequate fireplace model, as you don’t want to have home cleaning trouble!
- Turn the hearth into a playful focal point - even if you have an electric fireplace, you can turn it into an impactful feature by introducing striped walls. Don’t be alarmed if you feel like the room is of too contemporary character. You can easily fix that by adding a rustic coffee table and wooden floating shelves to balance it out.
- Live in colour - if you want to feature strong colours in your living room, that is perfectly fine. However, it is a good idea to then balance them out with neutral blend that ranges from crisp white to silvery grey or even creamy beige. When you do upholstery cleaning it may demand more effort, but at least you will have an elevated contemporary design.
- Add up on earth tones - it is highly likely that you have heard about the power of coffee, white, beige and brown all mixed together to create a stunning contemporary display. It is synergy at its finest, which you should keep on your home clean list if you want it to reveal its beauty.
Take your time in designing a modern living room and you will have yourself a perfect place to relax in. It will pay off greatly!
Author’s Bio: Olivia Green loves simplicity and minimalism when it comes to home décor. She finds writing about interior design engaging but also soothing and often indulges in activities like reading books and magazines on home related topics.